Tuesday, December 11, 2007

ZAP THOSE COLDS

Around once a year I will start to feel a cold creeping in. For me, it starts in my throat area. Here's what I do to literally stop it in its tracks so it is gone before it really takes hold - which usually means in one to three days.

I will immediately start taking these vitamins and herbs in these dosages:

  • Echinacea - whatever the bottle says, I double it and take it morning and night.
  • Vitamin C - 1500 to 2000 mg every hour or two. Don't be concerned about taking too much, as Vitamin C gets used up immediately (water soluable) especially fast whenever your body is under stress, and a cold is a major stress to the system.
  • Vitamin A - 50,000 IUs twice a day. Vitamin A is involved with the epithealeal tissue of the body. That's the top layer of our skin. Epithealeal tissue also covers our lungs.
  • Zinc lozenges - 60 to 80 mg per day. You need to suck on these, as the zinc absorbs through the mouth. The positive impact doesn't work if you simply swallow it.


Let me know what happens if you use my formula.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,Echinacea,herbal remedies,Jerry Teplitz

No comments: