Thursday, April 24, 2014

THE EYES HAVE IT

I just went to the eye doctor for my two year examination.  I was pleased to find out that in six years my eye glass prescription for distance had not changed at all.  My eye doctor was surprised. I think it's all the vitamins and yoga eye exercises that I do that make a difference.

I've also recently added the herb bilberry to my supplements. Bilberry was discovered in World Was II to increase the RAF fighter pilots night vision.  My wearing glasses has primarily been for driving at night.  Well after just several weeks I've noticed I able to read signs without my glasses that I couldn't see before. I'm taking 60 mg twice a day.

I told my eye doctor about the bilberry and he hadn't heard of it. He did, however, surprise me by recommending lutein (12 mg per day) to help improve vision. So I'm going to add that after another month on just the bilberry.  I'll keep you informed.

No comments: