Saturday, September 26, 2020

Using Mindfulness Meditation for Kids With Autism & Feedback on My Stress Management Session

Using Mindfulness Meditation Can Now Help Kids With Autism 

Researchers at Rutgers University found that kids with autism can avoid having to take drugs by using the meditation practice of mindfulness. The researchers worked with a small group of high-functioning adolescents with autism.

The kids spent 8 weeks learning the basics of mindfulness, which involves focusing on the body, their thoughts and emotions while doing mindfulness breathing. 

They found that the kids improved what’s called their executive function, which includes controlling their emotions, having a greater self-control, increasing their ability to focus and also have a flexibility to adapt to changing situations. 

So…for kids with autism, they now have the ability to tap into a cost-effective method that’s totally free of side effects to help them navigate the world around them. A great deal!

     Impact of My Virtual Seminar Presentation (VSP)
       Managing Your Stress in These Difficult Times

I just did my VSP on Managing Your Stress in These Difficult Times for 2 groups. I allowed them to combine so they were able to split my Virtual fee.

One group was the Suncoast Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators and the other group was the Associated Builders and Contractors Great Houston Chapter. 

The session was an hour and a half and had lots of audience involvement with people actually doing the techniques I was teaching them. The nicest part for me was that 81% rated the session Excellent and 12% rated it Good!

If you know of any groups, companies or organizations that would be interested in my doing this VSP for their people, please let me know and I’ll get them a pr packet.

No comments: