Saturday, January 5, 2019

Docs are catching up with my recommendations for preventing Alzheimer's Disease


Welcome to my blog. I’ll be posting blurbs once or twice a week similar to what I was publishing in my monthly Teplitz Report.

For years, I’ve been writing about the benefits of exercise, nutrition, relationships, sleep and mental activities including meditation to keep us healthier, living longer, being more productive and having enjoyable lives. It’s been fun for me to see the medical profession as its been catching up with what I’ve been recommending.

The latest “catch-up” is Alzheimer’s disease. In the December 2018 issue of Discover Magazine, the featured article was reporting on researchers using lifestyle changes to fight Alzheimer’s. What are the lifestyle changes that they are recommending? How about reducing chronic stress, getting more exercise and restorative sleep, eliminating toxins from molds, eliminating fast foods that are fat-laden and reducing sugar.

By using Big Data, the researchers are now able to validate how powerful these lifestyle changes can be. Years ago, I wrote how beta amyloids might not be the key to solving Alzheimer’s disease, which is what recent research is now confirming. As a matter of fact, 99% of the drugs targeting the reduction of amyloids have failed to stop Alzheimer’s even if they reduced the amount of amyloids in the brain
.
There is an approach called The Bredesen Protocol that is a comprehensive personalized program aimed to reverse Alzheimer’s by doing a lot of testing which includes blood tests, genetic evaluations, cognitive assessments and an MRI. All this is crunched in a computer which comes up with a plan to reverse inflammation, insulin resistance and the destruction of vital brain functions. The recommendations are where healthy living is recommended rather than drugs. The results border on miraculous!

So…having the medical profession catching up to my recommendations is a very rewarding feeling. I’m looking forward to other catch-ups happening.

No comments: