There's now a whole arsenal of natural remedies that you can use to stop and prevent arthritis pain.
1. Ginger - A study reported by Odense University in Denmark found a 75% reduction in both pain and swelling by arthritis sufferers who took ginger. You can buy ginger root and cook with it or make a tea of it. You can also buy ginger supplements.
2. Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate - Taking this as a supplement can result in a 73% reduction of arthritis pain. It can even strengthen the cartilage in bones. Take two 500 mg tablets twice a day.
3. Zinc - A study published in The Lancet found that zinc supplements reduced inflammation.
4. Fish Oil - The Omega 3 fatty acids in fish is what does the trick. It's a powerful anti-inflammatory and reduces joint tenderness. Either eat more cold water fish like tuna and salmon or take a 300 mg supplement with each meal.
5. DMSO - This is a topical ointment that has had 3,000 studies validating its effectiveness. It offers quick, lasting pain relief. Emory University found it more effective than morphine. Just rub it in for pain relief.
6. MSM - It contains a sulfur-based compound that is necessary for repairing damaged tissue.
7. And Finally, MOVE THAT BODY. The New England Journal of Medicine reported that nursing home residents whose average age was 87 did a 10-week exercise program for their knees and hips. Their muscle strength more than doubled. Their walking speed increased by 12% and their stair climbing ability increased by 28%.
From the Douglas Arthritis Fighting Plan