Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feedback From A Reader On The Full Spectrum Lights

Feedback From A Reader On The Full Spectrum Lights:

I just received an email from Carey Hansen in Green Bay about the impact of the full spectrum fluorescent lighting she had purchased from us at http://www.jtv-energy-lights.com

She was excited because it got rid of her seasonal affective disorder illness, which causes severe depression. Here’s what she said:

“Just wanted to let you know that earlier this year I purchased lighting for the office I work in. Normally in fall I suffer from SAD… this year I had little or no affect from the change of seasons.
The only thing I can attribute it to is the lighting. If I hadn’t tried it I wouldn’t have believed it!!!  I am definitely sold on how much lighting can affect a person. Thank you sooo much!”


       Carey, you are welcome.

Researchers from the University of Toronto reported in a study published in Archives of General Psychiatry have figured out what is going on in the brain. They did brain scans of volunteers and discovered that levels of serotonin were lower in autumn and winter than spring and summer.

Because sunlight regulates a protein controlling serotonin levels, lack of sunshine means less serotonin, which is the bodies "feel good" chemical.

No comments: