Friday, May 30, 2008

Black Currants May Help Reduce The Risk Of Alzheimer’s like Blueberries!

Black currants are having a resurgence in popularity. A study published in the Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture reported that the berries may help reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by protecting neurons against damage from peptides associated with the disease.

Black currants are almost as powerful as blueberries in the antioxidant levels they contain. Several studies have also shown that they may also enhance mood!

Look for black currants in jellies and jams. Old Orchard Brands sells a black currant juice.  (Reported in Alternative Health)

So if Blueberries aren't your favorite, try Black Currants.....

Bookmark and Share Bookmark this post

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I really enjoyed reading this Blog. On my days off I search on the internet for Blogs and websites that are relevant on health and herbal products. A few years ago I started having some health issues and with the help of herbal products from http://www.youherbal.com and modern medicine, I was able to take control of my life again. This is a very written Blog and I look forward to all the updates. Thanks again.

Jessica