Saturday, August 14, 2021

The Power of Positive Thinking Keeps From Losing Your Mind

I’ve written a number of times about how powerful positive thinking is and I demonstrate it at programs where I demonstrate the muscle checking concept.

So, some more proof has surfaced on why its important to have a positive focus. 

Researchers at Northwestern University (my alma mater was the Law School) have found that elders who remain cheerful and enthusiastic are less likely to suffer memory loss compared to people who are not positive.

They found that the key seemed to be not dwelling on bad memories and experiences. What the researchers did was to give a series of tests to 991 older people over a period of 9 years in order to discover this difference between the positive folks and the negative, pessimistic folks.

Now, to be clear, all the participants suffered some decline, but it was far less steep among the positive ones.

So…the question is whether you will focus on the positive or not, it’s your choice (personally, I’m picking positive, if I can just remember to do it!)
(Reported Psychological Science, 2020)



No comments: