Saturday, March 27, 2021

Updating My Email List & Preventing COVID

First, Updating My Email List

I’m going to be updating my email list this coming week. If you don’t receive my next blog post on Saturday, April 3, it means we accidently deleted you (apologizes for that!). This means you’ll need to resubscribe by filling out the form at: https://www.mcssl.com/WebForms/WebForm.aspx?wid=10b70610-7e19-4da3-b954-e8d69e441b05

Once again, sorry if you’re one of the people who will have to re-register.

Medical School Recommendations to Prevent Your Getting COVID

There’s a ton of information around about what to do to prevent your getting COVID-19. I thought it would be helpful to share with you what the medical school near me had to say. Eastern Virginia Medical School’s recommendations are actually in alignment with my thinking and the research I’ve done on preventing your getting COVID-19.

These recommendations were developed by Dr. Paul Marik, Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.

EVMS recommends the following to prevent you from getting COVID-19:
1. Vitamin C - 500 mg twice daily
2. Quercetin - 250 mg daily
3. Vitamin D3 – 1000 to 4000 IUs daily (I’d recommend getting a blood test to determine what your level is and attempt to aim for a level of 60 ng/ml. I would also add 100 of Vitamin K2 as it helps Vitamin D get to the right places in your body)
4. B-Complex Vitamin (I’d recommend a high potency one)
5. Zinc – 30 to 50 mg/day
6. Melatonin (slow-release version) - Begin with taking .3 mg a half hour before you go to bed and increase it as you can tolerate it to 2 mg at night
7. Ivermectin – if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, take 200 ug/kg on day 1, then day 3 and then once every 4 weeks)

If you do get COVID-19, EVMA has recommendations for what to do if you’re Mildly Symptomatic and are at home to Mildly Symptomatic in the hospital to a variety of steps to take if your symptoms are worsening.

To find out the latest info and to get the list of steps if you start moving into Mildly Symptomatic or worse, you can go to evms.edu/covidcare.

Since there are many people who are reluctant to take one of the vaccines for a variety of reasons, this will give them options to still be able to keep themselves healthy.




No comments: